RV Emergency Road Service

Author Topic: feasible of ful time rving pulling a car trailer  (Read 9555 times)

kwberg

feasible of ful time rving pulling a car trailer
« on: April 07, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
We are quite excited to join the world of full time rving.  We will be heading out in a few weeks and have been planning on towing a small car (boxster) that must be towed on a trailer versus 2 wheel or as a toad.  I have heard in the last few days though that it may be more of a pain then it is worth as many parks do not allow trailers, etc... The problem is time is short to try to do something else.  Looking to see if anyone else is (or has done) similar and their experience?

Thanks,
Keith

LindaH

• Old Timer
Re: feasible of ful time rving pulling a car trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »
I've never heard of an RV park that doesn't allow trailers, but I guess there could be some.

The problem with towing a car on a trailer is that many RV parks, particularly older ones, won't have a pull through long enough for your RV and trailer...then, if you take the car off the trailer, you're either going to have to find someplace to put the trailer, or have a very long pull through that will accommodate all three.  The problem is exacerbated if you have to back into a spot.

Of course, there are lots of people pulling cars on trailers, so there certainly is a solution to these problems, but it will take some advanced planning to find appropriate RV parks that can handle your total length, or has someplace to store your trailer.

junglejim0745

• Old Timer
    • JJandPnutsTravels
Re: feasible of ful time rving pulling a car trailer
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »
There are many trailers on the road behind MH's and even fifth wheels with cars or toys on them. Yes there are some parks that will not accept you, but there are plenty that will. I think the main drawback now might be that most or many parks want to charge you extra for a place to park the trailer or car dolly.

Happy RVing.  8) ;D
Freedom is not free, but it is worth fighting for!