RV Emergency Road Service

Author Topic: Long Term RV Parks or ?  (Read 40802 times)

RoadDogs

• Sophomore
Long Term RV Parks or ?
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »
Hey Everyone.. does anyone know of any long term RV parks out there?  And if so, how long can one usually park and what are the fees generally?

Another good option for us would be to find some private land that someone is willing to let us park on., but then it would need to have hookups.. anyone have any experience with this as well?

Thanks in advance.

junglejim0745

• Old Timer
    • JJandPnutsTravels
Re: Long Term RV Parks or ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »
Most parks have long term rates that are more reasonable than day or weekly rates, but it will depend on what part of the country you are headed to as far as price.

If you are headed for the Florida Keys, take your big wallet and checkbook with you, while headed to the SW you can find many parks around 300 per month plus electricity, even some include electricity. You will find everything in between also, so research, research, research before you head out to an area.

The price is also going to depend on what you are looking for in the way of amenities. We have stayed in some very nice parks for 250 a month plus electricity and stayed in one for two winters for 275 a month including 20/30/50 electricity, water and sewer hookups.

Happy RVing.
;D 8)
Freedom is not free, but it is worth fighting for!

RoadDogs

• Sophomore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »
Hi JJ..

are these long term parking arrangement for more than a month?  we may need 6months at a time...

alrod013

• Senior
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:56 AM »
JungleJim,

We plan on going full time. Have seen some parks that have reasonable monthly rates plus electricity. Can you give me a ballpark estimate about how much that runs. I know it depends on a lot of factors, but an educated guess would do!!  Thanks.

junglejim0745

• Old Timer
    • JJandPnutsTravels
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 08:10:45 AM »
Most parks have what they call full time guests, people who live in their RV's and either stay most of the year or all of it. Many people rent a space annually or by the month, but keep it all the time then have a place to go back to after travels. Mainly the State and Federal parks and campgrounds have limits on how long you can stay.

We have never paid more than 300 bucks a month for a monthly site, and that covers most states West of the Mississippi. Sometimes one has to look around a bit or search the net but they are there for the renting. In SE Arizona where we spent three winters in an RV park, we paid 225 to 275 per month including water, sewer, and 50 amp electricity hook ups. If we wanted cable tv it was a buck a day. That was in two parks over the three years, and both had nice club houses, heated pool and hot tubs, plus many other amenities.

Areas that are more popular, not necessarily any nicer, are always higher in price. We are not city dwellers so small town atmosphere is great for us. There are about five RV parks within five miles of our winter home in SE AZ and the most expensive one is 285 per month plus electricity.

For long term sites in many areas you can find nice and huge sites in Mobile Home parks that are super reasonable. The amenities will not be as nice but it depends on what you need. We just need our water, sewer, and 50 amp electric hookups, everything else is just gravy and nice but not required.

Happy RVing.  ;D 8)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 08:14:11 AM by junglejim0745 »
Freedom is not free, but it is worth fighting for!

RoadDogs

• Sophomore
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »
Great info. JJ... we hope to find a park out in the country in a small town area.  Outside of Sandy, OR in a town called Estacada there was a great on in the trees.. very quiet...

Mardel

• Junior
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:56:04 PM »
I live in Indiana, and I have an RV staying in a campground called Missinawa. This only costs me $70 a month with electricity. I haven't ever parked an RV anywhere else, but $300 a month sound outrageous!!! I would have to live there for that Ahaus :)

Newt

• Junior
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:22:16 AM »
As has already been said, it will depend quite a bit on what section of the country and what you require from the RV park.

We are spending the late summer and fall in a great little place on the Florida Panhandle.  It is on a lake and has only about 25 sites total.  Quiet, great fishing (a must for us), and $225 a month plus electricity.  Of course, it is about 10 miles from the nearest town (across the line in Alabama) and quite a bit further from the nearest large town or city.

We've been looking hard for a place further south in Florida to spend mid-winter but the prices are nuts.

rebecca62

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 05:40:22 AM »
Does any one know of any rv camp site  open all yr round on vancouver island that have full hook-up etc? thanks

MichiganTraveler

• Sophomore
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 08:44:13 PM »
As has already been said, it will depend quite a bit on what section of the country and what you require from the RV park.

We are spending the late summer and fall in a great little place on the Florida Panhandle.  It is on a lake and has only about 25 sites total.  Quiet, great fishing (a must for us), and $225 a month plus electricity.  Of course, it is about 10 miles from the nearest town (across the line in Alabama) and quite a bit further from the nearest large town or city.

We've been looking hard for a place further south in Florida to spend mid-winter but the prices are nuts.

So what is the name of this place?

Wannacamp72

• Junior
  • Believe & Achieve
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 10:14:35 PM »
I say get some solar panels and get on down to Quartzsite, Arizona and dry camp in the desert. It's the winter time...you won't fry like bacon ;)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one simple step....

jonnysmith006

• Sophomore
    • Airplanes for sale
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »
The best place for camping which i like is Sherling Lake (Greenville City) Park  .

Truckboy

• Sophomore
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
There are some RV parks around USA who offers stay of 180 days and more. When i was in Arizona i had parked my RV in 88 shades RV park, this is really great and older park in Arizona. this is one of the nice campground i live in.

lccapt

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »
I am full time and staying in a seniors only park in Long Beach Ca. $550 a month and electric. Fairly quiet, but not very fancy.

eldonna999

• Junior
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 03:41:01 AM »
Hi there,  I have private land in Napa Valley which is about one hour North of San Francisco.   I am looking for a mature, very responsible couple to park their RV on this land and do some minor caretaking.    I charge $200 per month for the rent to park here and the tenant must pay the utilities on the property.   The land is beautiful and has all hook ups plus a lap pool and a hot tub.   If you are interested in this you can tell me more about your qualifications and I can send you pictures etc.   Let me know please.